John L. Scott - KMS
Serving the Pacific Northwest
Kent, WA 98032
Personally: I am a man of honesty and integrity, who takes the trust given to me by others very seriously.
Professionally: I have built my career on being an expert negotiator, a detailed problem solver, and a stickler for organization and follow-through from my team.
John's Team Mission Statement:
Our mission is to earn the trust, respect and repeat business of those we serve.
- Listen carefully and seek to thoroughly understand the needs, goals and desires of each client.
- Develop and implement effective action plans addressing each goal, need and desire.
- Employ state-of-the-art technology combined with highly personalized service.
- Provide consistent and thorough communication with those we represent.
- Conduct all business with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
I am a Renton native, specializing in representing South King County Buyers & Sellers.
I maintain solid relationships with a network of trusted professionals, providing my clients with exceptional local, national & international real estate services.
My unique services for Sellers:
- Over the last five years, I have listed 121 homes, of which 104 have sold (86%). (In the entire MLS only 33% of homes listed last year sold.)
- My average days on market are 59, while the market average is 83.
- My median price is 7% higher than the market median.
- I am highly systematized with a staff of three.
- I am the second highest volume agent in the highest volume real estate office in the state.
- I utilize over 20 methods to actively market homes. With rare exception, all buyers now actively use the internet to search for homes. Some examples of how I maximize this opportunity include:
- Extensive use of social media including a Facebook Group Page for each listing where you & your friends can participate as much or as little as you want, in the marketing of your home. You and I can both upload content about your home and community, plus invite your friends to join the Group!
- Unique URL for you home. Bringing visitors to your home’s blog page which includes video, links to your community’s amenities and interactive discussion about real estate matters.
- Enhanced listing on Realtor.com, the highest traffic real estate website in the world. I pay additional fees to Realtor.com so that all of my listings are “Enhanced”. (Very few Brokers provide that additional traffic driving feature.)
- On Realtor.com I also pay to “own” several cities in King County. When anyone searches for homes in those cities in any price range, your listing will rotate across their search results page.
- Enhanced listing on JohnLScott.com, the highest traffic real estate website in the region. (Very few Brokers provide that additional traffic driving feature.)
- I upload your listing to over 32 websites (local, national & international).
- I maximize the capabilities of the MLS in marketing you home. (For example, I pay for duplicate area #’s which gives your listing twice the exposure at no extra cost to you.)
- 24/7 Recorded Info-line, with call capture, so that I actually get to speak with buyers who otherwise would just take flyers!
- All of my listings are uploaded to the largest international network of Real Estate Brokers, called Leading Real Estate Companies of the World (www.ReloHomeSearch.com).
My Unique Services for Buyers:
Working with clients is about more than just finding a home. In fact, finding the right home is just one of at least ten critical aspects of how I help my buying clients…
During our relationship, you can count on me and my dedicated staff to fully:
- Partner with you to find the right home. I provide clients:
- Web access to all listings from all real estate companies.
- Advance notification of soon-to-be-listed homes.
- Homes to consider via e-mail, web, or phone call.
- Rapid feedback regarding availability of homes that you find and contact me about.
- Expertly negotiate the very best price for the home. (Once you decide upon a home to make an offer on, I research comparables, market trends, property history, and seller motivation. I then develop a specific negotiating strategy with you, aimed at purchase the home for the very best price and terms possible.)
- Craft a purchase/earnest money agreement that protects your interests. I will also explain various options to you and ensure that you are comfortable with the details of the agreement, before you sign anything.
- Expertly advise you and your lender to ensure that you purchase the right home at he lowest possible price with an on-time closing.
- Ensure that you have a proper home inspection and that we maximize this opportunity for further negotiations with the seller.
- Arrange and coordinate contractors and re-inspections.
- Follow-up on the details of the escrow process with the escrow company, again to achieve our goal of an on-time closing. (On-time closings are becoming a rarity in this business. Disciplined follow-up and communication with all parties is the key to avoiding surprises in the closing schedule.)
- Guide and advise you through the closing process (i.e., escrow signing, loan funding, county recording, utility company contacts, delivering keys, possession date, etc.)
- Follow-up with you during the first week that you are in the home to assist with any details that you might need help with.
- Maintain an on-going relationship with you to ensure that you have a life-long real estate professional that you can call upon for any home-owner related question. My intent is to be the trusted advisor that you are excited about referring your friends and family to, for years to come.
Bottom-line: If you have a real estate related question, I'm here to help!
"Mary seems like a very good person and when I'm in the market Ill certainly give her a call"
-Scott Mason, Friend